To Create a Class for class-based accounting, Click Here
To Associate a Class to a Transaction:
Go to Accounting > Bank > Select a bank > Click Details
On the bank details page > Transactions section > Click Add > select payment
In the Add Transaction window:
Put in the date
Type in amount
Choose method of payment
Type in Payee
Put in a memo
Choose a chart of account
- Click the icon to split chart of account.
- In the split accounts window, clickto add a class
In the Transaction Classes window, Click Add
- Choose a class from the drop-down and put in a percentage amount for the class
- The total percentage has to be equal to 100%
- Once you have the classes set, click okay to close out of the window.
You will then be brought back to the split accounts window, where you will see a icon letting you know the class/s have been set.
When ready, click Ok.
In the add transaction window, you will notice the icon letting you know classes have been applied to the chart of account.
When ready, click Save and you will see the transaction added in the bank account.