Adding Operating Retainer from Matter Landing Page:
- Select the Matter on the main page, then click "Operating Retainer". This will create a deposit specific to that client.
Adding an Operating Retainer from the Matter Details Page:
- Select the Matter on the matter landing page > Click Details or double-click the matter.
- On the matter details page > Click the banking tab > Under Transactions, click "Receive Retainer" > Choose Operating
If you do not use Operating Retainers for your firm, there is an option to have the operating retainer button removed from the Matter Landing Page.
To do this:
- Go to Setup > Firm Settings > Firm Preferences > Where it says, "Allow Operating Retainer Transactions", choose No, and Click Save.
- Make sure to refresh the browser for the change to go into effect.