This feature allows the user to manage tasks within the application. Users can create a task, and link a task to a matter.
Adding a Task
- Click Activities
- Select the Task Tab
- Click Add
Once the Add Task dialogue appears:
- Enter the name of the task
- Mark the task as private if you do not wish for this task to be viewed by others
- If you would like to link this task to a matter, select the client/ matter name
- "Share via Client Portal - Check this to share the task with a client
- Choose the billing status of the task (Billable, Unbillable, No Charge, Billed)
- Choose a start and due date for the task
- Put a priority status of the task if necessary
- Send email reminders to users
- Add Custom Labels to the task
- Enter the description if necessary
- Enter the status of the task (not started, in progress, done)
- Choose a task color (if necessary) for display purposes
- Click Save.
- Once created, your task will display on task list with the details, including how many days left when there's a due date.
- If linked to a matter, the task will also display in the matter details section of that particular matter.
- After a billable task has taken place, the time and/ or expense for this task must be manually entered. In addition, the status of the task must be changed to "billed" by editing the task.
Editing a Task
- Highlight the requested task, and click "Edit", or...
- Doubleclick the task you wish to edit. This will bring you to an edit task window.
- Change the requested information
- Click "Save"
- After the task is completed, it will be listed in the Activities/Task section or listed in the task section of the matter details (pictured above).