Follow the following instructions to convert an unbillable time card into one that is billable.
- First, locate the time card you are looking to adjust. You can do this from inside the Matter itself or through the Time/Expense entries tab under Activities.
For the sake of this article, we will perform one from inside a Matter.
- Enter the Matter from the Matter landing screen by locating it among your Active listings. From there, double-click on the Matter to go inside of it.
- Once inside the Matter, go to the Time/Expense tab to locate the time card you wish to change from Unbillable to Billable.
- View the Billing Status feature here to find all of your Unbillable time and expense entries associated with the Matter.
- Once you have located the entry you wish to edit, single click to highlight it in blue and click on the Edit button.
- This will open up the time card for you to edit. Scroll down until you see the Advanced Settings portion of the card.
- Click on Advanced Settings and there you will see the Billing Info tab.
- Where it says billing status, and you will see the Billing Status drop-down. Use it to change the status from Unbillable to Billable. Then click on the orange Save button.
- Now this time card has been changed to Billable and you can invoice the client for it.