In various sections of your CosmoLex software, you might have noticed a button that is simply called "Export." Time/Expense, Invoices, Transactions, Tasks and Notes inside the Matter and on the Activities tab are just some of the places you will see this button. This is here to help you create a document listing all the information contained on that screen which can assist you with both internal and external reporting.
For example, let's say you wanted to see all the pending Tasks assigned in your firm. You can find that information in the Task screen inside Activities but what if you wanted a print-out of that information? This is where Exporting can assist you.
To Export the information you want:
- Click the Export button. This will open up the Export Grid screen.
Follow these steps to create your Export document:
- Choose if you want to Export just the information contained on the current page.
- If you want to Export all the information from all pages under the particular Tab, select Custom Export.
- If you used the Search Where feature to find particular information stored under the Tab, choose Apply Current Filters to replicate your findings on your Export document.
- Choose the Export format. You can either create the report in PDF, Excel or CSV document type.
- Once you have selected all your specific parameters, click the Export button on the lower right. A document will then be generated that you can either view on screen or print out.