CosmoLex allows the forwarding of your emails into the system for easy reference and tagging to individual matters.
You can also bill for time spent on email review/creation directly within the CosmoLex inbox.
- To use the Email feature, you must be a CosmoLex User and your Email Address must match with your user account. You can verify this within the Account Management section's user tab and can change it if needed. This ensures that only registered users with matching Email Address are able to forward emails to your firm’s CosmoLex account.
- Ensure that “Email Forwarding” is switched ON under Setup > Firm Settings > Firm Preferences. Only a CosmoLex admin account at your firm can view the “Setup” section.
If your firm has more than one registered user, note that by default, any non-admin users will only have access to their own incoming emails (or those matter linked)The CosmoLex Administrator at your firm will be able to view ALL emails.
- To restrict/allow a user to view various user emails, the Admin will need to go to the Account Management tab, edit that user, click on Settings (Roles and Restrictions) and scroll down to "restrict email visibility". Here you can choose which email accounts this user can/cannot view
- To limit/allow access to the email section in regards to View, Add/Edit and Delete functions, you will need to edit the role of this person (Account Management > Roles > Edit > Email)
- Confirm email forwarding is On If it is not, and you are the admin user, go to Setup > Firm Settings > Firm Preferences. Scroll to the bottom to locate Email Forwarding, and click the “OFF” button to the right, to toggle it to ON.
- Identify your Forwarding Address within CosmoLex As shown in the image below, Firm Preferences will display the mailbox address to be used for forwarding. This mailbox is unique to your firm and all of your registered CosmoLex users should use the same forwarding mailbox address.
- To Manually forward select emails
If you intend to forward only some of your emails, use the email address from the step above as Bcc or to forward any of your existing emails.
- To Forward ALL Incoming and Outgoing Emails
Follow the instructions in the links below as listed for your Email tool. Once set, ensure to do complete testing for both incoming and outgoing emails.
- Outlook Users
- Gmail Users
- Yahoo Users
- Apple Mail Users
- Other - Within your email server, locate settings to forward incoming and outgoing mail. You then want to set up a forwarding rule directing to your CosmoLex email address (provided within your setup area)