There are times where you need to make changes to a paid invoice for a client such as adding more time/expense cards to the invoice, adding a discount, etc
To edit a paid invoice, you first need to unfinalize the invoice.
To do this:
- Go to Matter Details page or Activities > locate the paid invoice > highlight the invoice > Action > select unfinal invoice.
- Once the invoice is unfinalized, click edit.
- You can add more time/expense cards to the invoice but you can’t change a timecard that has already been paid. Once you have made changes, Click Generate.
- The funds used to pay the invoice prior will go into the operating retainer as shown in the message below:
- The generated invoice with the new invoice balance will be moved from paid to unpaid as shown below:
- The funds will be moved to the operating retainer. To apply the funds to the invoice, select the invoice > Invoice Payment Using > Existing Operating Retainer
- Once the payment is applied, the invoice will be finalized automatically and will go into the paid section.