Workflow can be used when you need to create a standard collection of tasks with a designated set of due dates.
First, you need to create the workflow template
- Start at the Setup page.
- Click "List Items".
- Click "Work Flow" on the left.
- Click "Add" to create a workflow list.
- Enter the name and description of the workflow.
Enter tasks along with the information that you wish to add.
- Due Date - here is where workflows are most powerful. you can base the due dates on the completion of previous tasks
- Task Description - click on the icon to add the tasks description
- By default, four tasks are listed. If you do not need this many tasks, click "Delete" to remove the unwanted tasks.
- If more than four tasks are needed, click "Add" for additional tasks.
- Click "Save" when finished
- Once a workflow is saved, it can be added to any matter.
- Start at the Matter page.
- Highlight a matter.
- Click Details
- Click the "Tasks" tab.
- Click "Add/Add Task using workflow".
- Enter date you wish for your list to start, then select the workflow you wish to attach
- Click "Create"
- All tasks will be added automatically with the appropriate due dates.