In CosmoLex, each user has a calendar, however, some firms choose to share one calendar for everyone’s activities, this we refer to as a Team Calendar.
- The first step is to choose a user who will “host” the team calendar. Typically an admin user, but it can be any user whose calendar is visible to all users.
- Have that user login, go to Setup > My Settings > My Preferences and confirm their default calendar is their own.
- Then, go to Activities > Calendar.
- Here you will see their calendar listed at the bottom left along with other users’. Since this calendar will be shared with other users, you will want to rename it to something which indicates it is a group calendar, such as Firm Calendar, or Team Calendar.
- To do so, click the pencil icon and type n the new calendar name and click Save.
- Next, you will want to make sure that each user has access to this user's calendar.
- To verify, go to user management, and edit each user to see if they have any calendar restrictions in place. Each user will need permission to this users calendar to access the team calendar.
- Once that is done, each user will then have the ability to add events to the team calendar.
- If you would like this to be the default calendar for all users, they will each need to log in, go to Setup > My Settings > My Preferences and change their default calendar to the team calendar.