This feature allows the user to manage events within the application. Users can create an event, invite participants, and also link an event to a matter.
- Go to Activities > Calendar
This is your overall calendar containing all of your events as well as those of other user's calendars you have access to.
Adding an Event
Adding an Event
- You can either click Add on the left or click and drag the desired time frame on the calendar
Once the Add Event dialogue appears:
- Enter the name of the event
Mark event as private if you do not wish for this item to display on your calendar when shared with others.Note: Events linked to a matter cannot be private
- If you would like to link this event to a matter, select the matter name
- "Share via Client Portal" - Check this to share the event with a client.
- Choose the billing status of the event (Billable, Unbillable, No Charge, Billed)
- Confirm the date & time
Enter the location if necessary
- Add a Custom Label to the event
Enter description if necessary
- Enter the email address of the attendees you wish to invite
- Add reminders if you (and/ or attendees) wish to be notified of the event ahead of time, either by email or popup
- Click "save"
- Once created, your event will display on your calendar and any invited attendees with be sent an email regarding the event
- If linked to a matter, the event will also display in the matter details section of that particular matter.
- After a billable event has taken place, the time and/or expense for this event must be manually entered. You can then change the events billing status to "billed".
Editing an Event
- In Activities click the Calendar tab (or in Matter Details, click the calendar tab)
- click "Edit" or double-click the event you wish to edit. This will bring you to the "Add Event" screen used to create the event.
- Change the requested information
- Click "Save"
After the event is completed, it will be listed in the Calendar section of the matter details (picture above) or listed in the Activities section, under the Calendar tab, in its appropriate day & time slot