Many times, banks charge fees, sometimes incorrectly. You still need to account for those in your program so that you can reconcile for that month.
- Go to Accounting > Bank
- be sure to select the proper operating bank, then Details
- under Transactions, click Add
- type: Adjustment Out
- enter amount of fee
- be sure to leave internal notes on 'Memo 2' Line
- also, select proper Account (we provide 6075: Bank & Merchant Service Charges), then click save.
Since Trust transactions MUST be associated with a matter, you will need to create an Administrative Matter where you can account for such fees (and also enter personal "buffer" amount in account) so that they do not go against a client's account.
- Go to Matter Tab
- Select your administrative matter
- Select "Trust Transaction" on the right
- Enter the same as listed above, then save.
NOTE: If you do not have enough money in the account to cover the fee it will produce the following error:
Contact email@example.com for work around options for this safeguard