The Bank section of the program allows you to perform various banking related functions. Adding a new bank account and editing existing bank accounts is very easy.
- Account Type (Required): Operating, Trust, and Credit Card Account. It is extremely critical to select the correct account type. Bank Name: Specify Bank Name.
- Account Name (Required): Specify Account Name. Example: John Doe Attorney Account. Account name must be unique and duplicate account names are not allowed.
- "Account Inactive" Checkbox: Uncheck the box if you want to make the selected bank account inactive. (Note: Before a bank account can be marked inactive, all of its transactions must be reconciled.)
- Bank/ CC Acct # (Last 4 Digits): Account number, that's only for your internal reference.
- Chart of Account Number: 4 digit number for this bank, for accounting purposes only.
- Sub-Account Of: Check this box if this bank(account) is sub-account under another bank(account)
Additional Options for Trust Accounts only
- Duplicate Check # Allowed (safeguard): As a default, this is not checked. To allow duplicate checks to be entered, you may check this box
- Negative balance Allowed (safeguard): As a default, this is not checked. To allow a negative balance in a trust account, you may check this box.
- Separate Sub Accounts: check this box if your bank assigns a separate sub account number to each client.
- Interest Allowed: to be checked if your bank credits interest
SAVE changes made and close the screen.
- Edit: Edit previously created bank account. All entered information can be changed or revised. Changing bank account type is only allowed if previously entered transactions comply with the rules associated and bank account has not yet been reconciled.
- Delete: Delete previously created bank account. A bank account can be deleted only if there were no transactions made. Otherwise, the bank account can only be marked inactive.