In Cosmolex, you can create various timekeepers (those who have an hourly rate) whose time will be tracked and billed along with their default rate. If Timekeepers charge different rates for different types of work, you can set their multiple rates but only one can be set as default.
- To add a timekeeper, Go to Setup > Timekeeper Tab > Click Add.
- Title - Choose a Title for the timekeeper. The title dropdown list can be customized under Setup > List Items > On the left-hand side, click on Title
- Email - Enter Timekeeper's email address. This is not a requirement when adding a timekeeper.
- Initials* - This is the timekeeper's initials and will auto-populate when the timekeeper's name is entered. These initials will show on invoices next to the work that was done for the client as well as expenses.
Billing Rate Settings
- Rate - Choose a rate for the timekeeper. This is the default rate.
You can set up to 8 different rate levels for a timekeeper. Once you are done adding your rate levels for the timekeeper under Advanced Settings, Click SAVE.
You will be able to select the rate level you want to use by timekeeper when entering a timecard for a client as shown below:
You are now ready to add time cards to your matters. Click HERE
How to Make a Timekeeper Inactive
- Go to Setup > Timekeeper tab > Select the timekeeper > Click Edit
- In the Edit Timekeeper window, uncheck the active box > Click Save.
- The Timekeeper will be moved over to the inactive area under the timekeeper tab as shown below: